Monday 20 June 2016

Running has resumed

I've had my 6 week check and I'm free to start exercising (gently) again. Hooray. And what better way to celebrate than a family running track session?!

We're very fortunate to have a cinder running track walking distance from our house which is FREE to use. Amazing. There is a long jump there too - which nicely doubles up as a sandpit for kiddo.

I eased my way back into it all with a very slow 5x 400m with lots of rests. The pelvic floor held up woo hoo. My pelvic joint feels a bit fragile still so I'm being ultra careful.

Then last weekend I went for my first solo run. I ran 5km in 30 minutes which I was pretty chuffed about. I felt pretty broken at the end of it but really, really pleased. It was so good to have a bit of time alone too (sorry family).

I've signed up to a small 10km in September in Richmond so I'll be working towards training for that for the next few months, with lots of core work and gentle jogging. The aim will be to get round and feel ok, not to break any pbs. As I'm still breastfeeding and I'll only be 4 months post birth I need to take it easy still.

No comments:

Post a Comment